Home to more than one million international students, the United States and the United Kingdom are popular study destinations for Nepalese students every year. As multicultural countries, the United States and the United Kingdom open doors to knowledge exchange, innovation, and endless career opportunities for international students.
Each year, the United States and the United Kingdom offer more than 300,000 student visas to students around the world. For students who wish to study abroad, the documents required for an American study visa and a UK study visa are: Read!
Documents Required for USA Student Visa
There are two main types of student visas in the United States: the F visa and the M visa. The F visa is for academic research and the M visa is for professional, non-academic research. Once you are enrolled in the student and exchange visitor program, you are ready to apply for a student visa (F or M visa).
USA Student Visa Eligibility
- Acceptance letter from a US school or university (certified by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program – SEVP).
- Must be proficient in English
- Must have strong financial support
Primary Documents Required for USA Student Visa
- A valid passport.
- Confirmation proof of the non-immigration visa application.
- Acceptance at a SEVP approved university and Form I-20.
- Receipt of application fee payment.
- A passport-sized photo.
- Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrants (F-1) and (M-1).
- Grade certificates from schools.
- Test Scores of English language tests as required by US institutions.
- Proof of financial support (at least $80,000 for a 2-year master course )
- Evidence of departing from the US upon the completion of the course of study
Documents Required for UK Student Visa
International students aged 16 and over who wish to study in the UK are eligible to apply for a student visa. To apply for a student visa in the UK, you need a Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) – (ie a confirmation of acceptance issued by your college or university). This CAS document is only valid for six months from the date of issue.
A UK study visa will help you take the following courses:
- A full-time course leads to a qualification below degree level
(RQF level 3, 4 or 5).
- A full-time course leads to a degree level qualification or above
(RQF level 6, 7 or 8).
- A part-time course leads to a qualification above degree level
(RQF level 7 or above).
- A recognised foundation programme for postgraduate doctors or dentists
- An English language course at level B2 or above in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Uk Student Visa Eligibility
- Must be 16 years and above
- Admission letter from the institution or university
- Proof of financial support
- Must speak, read, and write English
- Consent from parents
Primary Documents Checklist to apply for a UK Student Visa
- A valid passport
- Evidence of financial support £1,334 per month (for up to 9 months) in London and £1,023 per month (for up to 9 months) for courses in other cities of the UK.
- A valid ATAS certificate (based on nationality and course).
- Tuberculosis test result
- International students applying to study in the UK with sponsorship must submit a written consent letter from the respective sponsor.
- Students below 18 years of age need to submit written consent from their parents or legal guardians (or one parent if they have sole responsibility).
This letter must include their consent for:
- Visa application
- Living and care arrangements in the UK
- Travel to the UK
- Need to provide a copy of your birth certificate (or another government-issued document) that shows your parents’ names.
Want more clarity about your student visa?
Just fill out the application form! Our expert advisors will contact you and help you apply for your student visa without any hassle.
Would you like to meet with our consultant online? Book an appointment with a consultant in the comfort of your home.