The job search visa entitles its holder to enter and remain in national territory for the purpose of looking for work, authorizes him to carry out a dependent work activity, until the visa expires or until the residence permit is granted.
This visa is granted for a period of 120 days, which can be extended for another 60 days and allows only one entry into Portugal.
The issuance of this visa presupposes the integration of a date with the competent services for granting the residence permit, within the period of validity of 120 days of the visa, and gives the applicant, after the formation and formalization of the employment relationship in that period, the right to apply for a residence permit. To do so, you must fulfill the general conditions for granting a temporary residence permit, under the terms of article 77.
Once the maximum limit of validity of the visa for looking for work has expired without the employment relationship having been established and the process of requesting the granting of a residence permit has begun, the visa holder must leave the country.
In these situations, you can only submit a new visa application for this purpose, one year after the expiry of the validity of the previous visa.
The request for an extension of stay presented by a visa holder to look for work must be accompanied by proof of registration with the IEFP, IP, and a statement from the applicant indicating that the conditions of the intended stay are maintained, being assessed taking into account the reasons which justified its concession.
- National visa application form (fully completed and signed by the applicant);
- 2 identical photographs, passport type, updated and in good conditions of identification of the applicant (1 pasted on the form);
- Passport or other travel document, valid for more than three months after the scheduled date of return. Copy of biographical page;
- Proof of regular status if you are of a nationality other than that of the country where you apply for a visa valid for 3 months after the expected date of return;
- Valid travel insurance, which allows you to cover expenses necessary for medical reasons, including urgent medical assistance and possible repatriation;
- Criminal record certificate issued by the competent authority of the country of nationality of the applicant or the country where he/she has resided for more than one year (not applicable to minors under 16 years of age), with the Hague Apostille (if applicable) or legalized;
- Request for consultation of the Portuguese criminal record by the Foreigners and Borders Service (not applicable to minors under 16);
- Copy of return transport title;
- Proof of availability of financial resources in the amount of at least three times the value of the guaranteed minimum monthly remuneration.
Proof of availability of financial resources may be replaced by the presentation of a statement of responsibility with a recognized signature , signed by a Portuguese citizen or a qualified foreign citizen, with a document of residence in Portugal, which guarantees food and accommodation to the visa applicant, as well as the replacement of the costs of removal, in case of irregular stay.
Citizens who sign the said Term of Responsibility must have financial resources in the amount of at least three times the value of the guaranteed minimum monthly remuneration.
- Declaration indicating the conditions of the intended stay.
- Proof of submission of declaration of interest for enrollment in the IEFP submitted online (PT) / ( EN ) / ( FR ) / ( ES ).